Senior Software Engineer
The SOLUTE Advanced Concepts division in San Diego is dedicated to producing novel solutions to real world problems using emerging technologies. We are seeking bright and motivated engineers to join our innovative, energetic, and solution driven team. The Advanced Concepts division has the backing of SOLUTE Inc, while operating using start up principles allowing the development and testing of unique and inventive ideas. Our goal is to produce effective and powerful solutions to complex problems in areas such as software engineering, data analytics, automation, and cyber security. This unique environment fosters opportunities for team members to develop their skills in areas ranging from emerging technologies to project management.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for direct leadership and management of one or more software engineering teams as well as successful execution and timely delivery of working prototypes, applications, and supporting documentation.
Each day you will be working on developing better application automation, increase platform security, and reduce end user complexity. In this role, you will be leading talented Software Developers and working with Network Engineers, System Administrators, Cyber Security Engineers, and DevOps Engineers in an exciting fast pace environment.
Compensation: $90,000-120,000 depending upon qualifications.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science with 5+ years of relevant experience, or M.S. in Software Engineering with 3+ years relevant experience. 12+ relevant software experience may be substituted for formal education.
- 10+ years of experience working in core Java or other Object Oriented languages.
- Ability to work in a DevOps environment.
- Experience in modern web frameworks such as Angular, React, Node, Express, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal collaborative skills with excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend solutions and technologies based on customer needs.
- Familiarity with professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience developing complex enterprise class software running on server platforms.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and develop technical design (and/or software technical architectures.
- Sufficient understanding of cyber security to incorporate it into the architecture.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Active Top Secret and/or Secret Clearance.
- Experience working with CANES.
- Experience working with C4ISR.
- Knowledge of Docker and microservices architecture.
- 401(k) match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid holidays
- Highly competitive salary
- Educational assistance