Senior Software Architect
The SOLUTE Advanced Concepts division in San Diego is dedicated to producing novel solutions to real world problems using emerging technologies. We are seeking bright and motivated engineers to join our innovative, energetic, and solution driven team. The Advanced Concepts division has the backing of SOLUTE Inc, while operating using start up principles allowing the development and testing of unique and inventive ideas. Our goal is to produce effective and powerful solutions to complex problems in areas such as software engineering, data analytics, automation, and cyber security. This unique environment fosters opportunities for team members to develop their skills in areas ranging from emerging technologies to project management.
The Senior Software Architect will be responsible for leading and directing the software architecture of new software systems and capabilities based on operational requirements and the emergence of new technologies and techniques. As such you will serve as a top level technical expert creating high-level architectural design and addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and cyber protection assurance. Additionally, you will oversee and work closely with members of a highly collaborative team.
Compensation: $120,000-160,000 depending upon qualifications.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science with 10+ years of relevant experience, or M.S. in Software Engineering or Computer Science with 7+ years relevant experience.
- 5+ years must be in leading, managing, and supervising system level, software intensive, teams with engineering skills at all levels from junior to senior engineers.
- 10+ years of experience working in core Java or other Object Oriented languages.
- Ability and experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience in modern web frameworks such as Angular, React, Node, Express, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of data ingest pipelines / ETL
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and develop technical design and software technical architectures.
- Ability to lead using SCRUM or Kanban sodtware development frameworks
- Experience gathering and analyzing data to determine detailed system requirements.
- Sufficient understanding of cyber security and network infrastructures to incorporate them into the architecture.
- Experience designing and implementing tests to verify proper system operation.
- Experience developing complex enterprise class software running on server platforms and cloud environments.
- Familiarity with professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with software development, systems integration, and complex system analysis.
- Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend solutions and technologies based on customer needs.
- Excellent interpersonal collaborative skills with strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Active Top Secret and/or Secret Clearance.
- Experience working with CANES.
- Experience working with C4ISR.
- 401(k) match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid holidays
- Highly competitive salary
- Educational assistance