Senior DevOps Engineer
The Advanced Concepts division of Solute is an organization of world class technologists that builds cutting edge technology in cutting edge Software, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobility, and Advanced Networking. We foster an open, innovative work environment and collaborate daily on building the latest and greatest technology solutions on the planet.
Solute Advanced Concepts is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to provide technical expertise, guidance, architecture, development and support in many different technologies directly to government customers. Applicants will require excellent communication skills in addition to impressive technical acumen.
As a DevOps Engineer, each day you will be working on developing better application automation, increase platform security, and reduce end user installation complexity. We are looking for motivated, talented, and experienced DevOps Engineers to help extend, design, build, and automate a Big Data, Platform as a Service (PaaS). In this role, you will be working with talented Software Developers, Network Engineers, System Administrators, Cyber Security Engineers, and DevOps Engineers to build out an automated PaaS environment utilizing tools like Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, and more!
Compensation: Between $130,000 - $160,000 depending upon qualifications
- Knowledge of and experience with DevOps concepts, tools, and architectures
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Ansible and Terraform
- Ability to Research, Build, or trade-off existing tools, libraries and frameworks and effectively communicate engineering decisions to stakeholders
- Experience with distributed file systems such as GlusterFS and/or HDFS
- Strong Linux\Unix OS hands-on experience with detailed knowledge base of Open Source software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or comparable) with 3+ years of experience as a Linux software engineer\systems administrator with a focus on security implementation, network setup and software troubleshooting
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Experience with Ansible CM
- Experience with Big Data tools: Hadoop, Hortonworks, Storm, NiFi, etc.
- Virtualization Experience with KVM/Qemu
- Application of Linux Containers - (LXC), Docker, and/or Rkt
- Implementation of, or experience with SELinux Multi Level Security (MLS)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies to problems quickly
- Experince as a Team Lead
SOLUTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please see our website for more details on this topic at www.solute.us
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and A&D coverage
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 paid Holidays
- Educational assistance