Senior DevOps Engineer
The SOLUTE Advanced Concepts division in San Diego is dedicated to producing novel solutions to real world problems using emerging technologies. We are seeking bright and motivated engineers to join our innovative, energetic, and solution driven team. The Advanced Concepts division has the backing of SOLUTE Inc, while operating using start up principles allowing the development and testing of unique and inventive ideas. Our goal is to produce effective and powerful solutions to complex problems in areas such as software engineering, data analytics, automation, and cyber security. This unique environment fosters opportunities for team members to develop their skills in areas ranging from emerging technologies to project management.
We are seeking an engineer with experience in Linux system administration to help grow our presence on the Eastern seaboard and join one of our on-site programs developing and sustaining a devops environment. You will providing technical expertise, guidance, architecture, development and support in many different technologies directly to government customers. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment with a lot of room for growth. In this role, you will be working with engineers of various disciplines to develop solutions to cutting edge problems involving both hardware and software. Applicants will require an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE and must possess excellent communication skills in addition to impressive technical acumen.
If you are a motivated and determined engineer who is looking to take the next step your career while working with the latest technology, then you have come to the right place!
- This position requires an active Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years or DevOps experience.
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following: Linux System Administration, Software Development, System Security, or Infrastructure Automation.
- Strong desire to acquire and share knowledge.
- Comfortable being a front-line contact on a customer site.
- Proven ability to form and maintain effective lines of communication with customers.
- Firm grasp of basic programming principles.
- Hands on experience with Linux/Unix servers in a professional environment.
- Understanding of principles and tooling around infrastructure automation especially Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience working with distributed systems and supporting infrastructure such as databases and stream processing.
- Understanding of challenges provisioning and managing distributed systems.
- Professional experience with Terraform and Ansible.
- Exposure to containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Understanding of virtualization principles and implementation.
- Exposure to distributed software systems and architecture.
- RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain effective and open lines of communication with customers as a front line company representative.
- Collect and condense information to facilitate the development of new solutions.
- Perform hands-on development and testing of solutions for our customers.
- Be a supportive and knowledgeable presence on a customer site.
SOLUTE Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please see our website for more details on this topic at www.solute.us
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and A&D coverage
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 paid Holidays
- Educational assistance